Additional funds are raised at Robert May’s School through donations to the school.
These are used to fund the ‘extras’ to enhance the curriculum. Parents are able to donate a regular amount, monthly, quarterly, or annually to the school or just donate an ad hoc amount at any time. This can be done by downloading and completing a Bankers Order form.
Parents may also choose to donate refunds due to them (from the canteen, cancelled buses, lockers etc) instead of receiving the funds back to them.
The school is registered for Gift Aid so, if donating, Please complete a Gift Aid form if possible.
The school regularly receives donations from Friends of Robert May's School (FoRMS) so please support their activities and also register for easyfundraising. More details on this and other ways you can support FoRMS can be found on their page here
Funds are also donated from local charities and organisations.
Where do the funds go?
During 2022-23 the donations received were spent on the following:
- Tents for Duke of Edinburgh scheme
- Author Visits
- Music department equipment: Piano, keyboards and stands
- IT equipment
- Ripple Tank for Science department
- Stage curtain and Mirrors for Drama department
- Pasta machine for Food & Nutrition department
- Football kits and New Goals
- Cross Country Cup Final
- Transition extra activities
Please see below an image gallery of some of our funded equipment!
Amongst the items we are funding for in 2023-24 are:
- New Audio Visual system for the Sports Hall
- TV's for History department
- 4 video cameras for whole school use
- 8 digital cameras and equipment for Photography / Art Department
- Digital ammeters and voltmeters for Science Department
- Cricket kit for school Cricket team / PE Department
A huge thank you to all those who donated last year:
- Parents of Robert May’s School
- Odiham Education Consortium
- Yateley Runners
- Anna Rigby