Getting into teaching
Want to get into teaching?
Robert May’s School is proud to be a real hub for training new teachers. We pride ourselves on each year training between 5 and 8 trainee teachers and we provide a brilliant professional studies programme for our trainees.
We are proud to be part of a number of partnerships. These include:
Each training provider has their unique delivery styles and organisation but the programme content is the same in each provider.
If you feel passionate about making a positive difference to young people’s lives, you can write to the Teacher Training team at Robert May’s by emailing email@example.com to find out more about what we can do together. You can learn about the exciting opportunities available to you from a national perspective by following this link:
We also offer work experience opportunities for people who are interested in getting into teaching. To find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you train to be a teacher?
Hampshire SCITT Partnership
The Hampshire SCITT Partnership was judged Outstanding by Ofsted in November 2016: “This is an outstanding provision. At every level and in every way, highly effective leaders have created a teacher training programme which regularly produces extremely proficient teachers who ‘hit the ground running’ when they begin their careers as NQTs.”
Most of the training is delivered by outstanding practitioners in some of the best secondary schools in Hampshire. You will be assigned to one of the schools in our partnership for most of your training (your ‘home’ school) and you will have a second school placement, typically six weeks, which will give your opportunities to extend your practice in a different setting. All the schools have comprehensive intakes and you will be working with young people of all abilities. Our schools are aspirational, wanting the very best outcomes for their pupils and staff. Robert Mays are very proud to be one of the key alliance schools.
Staff from the University of Reading will prepare you for the academic assignments, the successful completion of which is required for the award of a PGCE. You will have access to the university library, including their on-line resources, for your academic research.
Each Friday will be dedicated to training in one of our alliance schools. On these days, there will be opportunities for discussion, both formal and informal with outstanding practitioners and with your peers. You will benefit from being part of a highly supportive, professional network.
Why train with us?
- Graded OUTSTANDING by Ofsted in November 2016
- Experience and expertise
- Our training package
- Continuing Professional Development
For more Information please go to the following website: https://hampshirescitt.org.uk/
I2i Teaching Partnership:
The i2i Teaching Partnership is an alliance of highly successful secondary schools across Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire and Middlesex, with Weydon School in Farnham as the lead school. Teacher training is fundamental to what we do, and the i2i teacher training programme goes the extra mile, offering first class school-led training that will ensure you gain the knowledge and skills necessary to transform lives.
The Partnership is led by exceptional teachers and leaders who have a passion for the professional development of all those in the teaching profession; from helping Trainees take their first steps in the classroom, to helping nurture school leaders of the future.
Our SCITT programme provides high quality school-led and centre-based training, enabling all Trainees to develop into confident and competent professionals.
Why train with us?
- A flexible, responsive training programme which meets your needs
- An engaging school-led approach that immerses you in a school setting right from the start with expert Mentors to guide and support you
- A masters level PGCE in partnership with Bath Spa University.
- Weekly core training facilitated at a choice of two training hubs - Weydon School in Farnham and Reigate School in Reigate, both Ofsted Outstanding secondary schools
- Specialist subject studies throughout the training year
- Primary, Sixth form, PRU and SEN enrichment placements
- A dedicated team to support you through your training year
- One-to-one mentoring by experienced and passionate teachers
- A network of schools offering stimulating experience in contrasting settings
- A network of trainees to collaborate with
- High potential for a career within the partnership - employment rates on our programmes are high and career progression is embedded into our culture
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme which promotes positive employee health and wellbeing
For more Information please go to the following website: https://www.i2ipartnership.co.uk/