Excellent attendance underpins educational achievement. We aim that all students should have an attendance record of between 96% and 100%.
The following procedures apply:
– If your child is not able to attend school, contact should be made before 8:00am, providing student name, tutor group, reason for absence and length of expected absence (if absence continues longer than expected, further contact should be made to provide an update).
– Contact should be via email to email@example.com or by leaving a message with the above information on the School’s absence line on 01256 393144.
– If we have not received notification of any absence, for safeguarding purposes and attendance records, the Priority 1 contact will be emailed. Text messages will also be introduced during September 2021.
– If we have no explanation for a student absence, it will be recorded as an Unauthorised Absence.
– Family holidays will not be authorised.
Parents should contact their child’s form tutor or Head of Year if they are worried about their child’s attendance or discuss any pastoral matters which might be affecting their child’s regular attendance at school.
The school has adopted the Hampshire County Council Attendance Code. This policy and supporting documents can be found here.
Please also view this leaflet from Hampshire county council for more information.